Monday, May 14, 2012

Make Yer Own Protein Bars

I'll be the first to admit, I'm very much a foodie. Although my body doesn't really like gluten or dairy, I LOVE to bake and cook. And I'll also be the first to admit, that when I'm flipping through channels at home, I ALWAYS am making a stop on the Cooking Channel or Food Network. :) And I freaking LOVE LOVE Alton Brown's Good Eats, specifically because I like the science of baking & cooking and figuring out what I can do to make a particular food how I want it without having to FIND that *perfect* recipe.

Can anyone relate to that? I never seem like I can just find what I want. If I want a cheesecake that is a bit more sour over creamy, how do I do that? Or, if I want a very cakey cookie versus a flat crunchy cookie, Alton Brown taught me how to do that!

As I was flipping through channels last night, and happened upon on the Food Network as well as happening upon Good Eats to find he was featuring Making Your Own Protein Bars! If you love learning the science behind cooking your own protein bars (instead of buying expensive protein candy bars), then you'll probably love the following videos!

The 1st video is mostly informational:

Who is Captain Power anyway?

BUT! The 2nd video completely goes into the process of making the commerical Protein Candy Bars. And how to make your own high protein bars:


There are some great recipes out there and it just takes a bit of looking to find ones you might like on bodybuilding.com or other sites. But I like knowing how to make something so I can be creative with it!

Now, I'm off to make my own! :)


3 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE making my own protein bars!! Mmmm!! Mine turn out like brownies with a big dab of peanut butter in the middle. Yummers! I love putting cacao nibs in mine - antioxidants, great flavor, and nice 'chew'. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally watched this episode!!!!
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the protein bar info. I too prefer making something from scratch so I know what's in it.

    ReplyDelete