Friday, April 23, 2010

... Hitting the Wall...

I have been hitting a huge wall. In a bad way. I feel like a backslider... And a jerk. Many things can cause the issues. For me? For me, it has been firing my trainer, seeing my weight plateau, and personal stress.

So, this girl is in need of an overhaul. I think my biggest issue has been the diet. I have tried to focus on veggies and protein only at night, but I am getting burned out! I decided to take a break this week. I didn't even track my meals but did make smart decisions.

Next week, I'm gonna be back on it with an overhaul on my diet. And no trainer. I want to feel good about exercising again and doing things right. I loved the feeling when everything was going the way I wanted.

First overhaul: Diet: I feel that I wasn't eating enough. I'm going to go back to eating pretty normally... still kinda high in protein but not go crazy about it. And I'm going to eat more. I was eating only about 25 points a day... This was my daily points +5 (and doing this everyday so I was eating my +35 a week). Now I am going to strictly eat my 20 points +whatever I earn from working out... Which I have figured out is close to 12 pts a day. So I'm going to try to keep it about 30 pts... Instead of my 20-25.

Second overhaul: Workout: No trainer. That dude was toxic, manipulative, and totally ruled my motivation. Over that shit. I lost my excitement for working out and want it back dang it! When he was upset with me, I wouldn't eat well or would eat too well and too little. I have to do this for me.
I'm also not going to go to yoga for a couple of weeks (mostly due to $). So I'm going to be at the gym daily and doing weights 2-3x a week. I also want to start trying to run once a week. Perhaps get on a treadmill for 10 minutes and start working my way up... As I want to be able to go for a run if I feel like it.

Third overhaul: I've been spoiling myself way too much. I have got to stop rewarding myself ahead of time and having things to look forward to. Thinking about what I'm going to reward myself with really helps me. Especially the black boots for my last reward.... Because I have NEVER been able to fit my calves into knee high boots!


My weight and BMI goals are really specific and no one really NEEDS to get that specific, but I did this because when I have my measurements taken and my BMI done, it helps me to see where I expect to lose weight and where I actually lose weight. If you haven't decided how you are going to reward yourself yet, I strongly recommend you do! :)

135-New training clothes from Nike.com
130-Heart Rate Monitor
128-New Yoga outfit
125-New Jeans
121-New black boots and a cheeseburger (don't laugh)


Weight:        135     130       128        125       121
Arm:             23       21         18          16         14
Abs:             20       18          16         14         12
Thigh:           30       28          25         23         21
Muscle:       97.5    97.5      97.5      97.5      97.5
Fat:              37       32         30         27         23
Percentage: 27%   25%      23%     21.5%    19.5%

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I left a comment but it didn't stick, darnit. Like you say, a loss is a loss. You're doing great, even when you're not feeling it. You have come SO FAR! I mean, look how good you look! You have already been totally successful. Feel good about THAT!

    ReplyDelete