Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28th-July 4th

Monday: Wow. What a great class. It was stuffed full of peeps but there was a lot of energy with so many people there. However, I did notice something that may have to become a goal. I have noticed that many times during any given standing posture, I turn my feet out. I have always had more balance with my feet turned out (like a ballerina), but this is a habit that needs to be broken right away.
Side Note: I have noticed over the last couple of weeks a side stitch in my right side. After doing some research I have found that it often can be caused by the stretching of the ligaments holding the liver and pulling down on the diaphragm. I plan to ask Beth about this and the possibilities of what I can do to fix it, hopefully, this week.
Tuesday: ALSO an awesome class! I think I got tha FEVAH friends... Yoga Fevah. I was completely sore on Wednesday due to all the correcting I asked Justis to do, knowing what looks incorrect to the instructor really helps me understand what the posture is trying to accomplish. I really tried to pay attention to my standing foot placement. I did notice a couple of times that it was hard to completely relax during Savasana.
Side Note on the side stitch: I informed Justis about the side stitch, he suggested that it might be my rib cage. Often times in yoga, you learn to change the shape of your rib cage to take in more air. He suggested that perhaps during Pranayama Breathing and Half Moon Pose that it could be the act of tightening my abs and trying to take in lots of air that could be causing the side stitch. He also suggested that perhaps it's just my body not being used to that whole act. I still plan to ask Beth what she thinks.
Wednesday: Holy wow, I did a lot. I did hours of walking and a full hour of cardio. By the time I got home, my legs were so so fatigued. I have to tell you though, cardio is so boring after getting used to doing yoga all the time. Ugh.
Thursday: Ummm... Hmm. This did not go well at all. I was exhausted and my back was really giving me a rough time. 
Side Note on Side Stitch: I did talk to Beth about the side stitch as well as the simple fact. She suggested the same issues that Justis did, she also suggested that perhaps my viscera has been shifting due to all the compression of my abdominal cavity. She also suggest that I limit the working out (cardio work) I do to work on what is good for my body.
Friday: No workout!
Saturday: Yoga went amazing. I ate an apple and drank a ton of water beforehand and felt amazing during yoga. It was just enough and didn't feel like I had too much in my stomach during.
Sunday: No workout, just floated the river with beer... I may regret that choice today during yoga.

Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: Yoga
Wednesday: 60 mins cardio (maybe.. I might not lol)
Thursday: Yoga
Friday: 60 mins cardio (probably not actually, I kinda just want to get my girlfriend to go on a walk with me)
Saturday: Yoga
Sunday: Hiking with dad!

Follow up on Goals:
-Triangle Pose (Trikanasana): I still focus on putting my weight in my straight leg, but I feel like I better understand this posture... Especially where the hips are to be angled, it really is helping me understand how my weight is supposed to be positioned.
-Concentration: Not good. But definitely trying!
-Lock the Knee: Getting better. I really should try to keep the knee locked for a full set before trying to execute Standing Head to Knee.

New Goals:
-Coming to a complete rest and relaxation in Savasana (Dead Body Pose)
-Lock the Knee, lock the knee, lock the knee.
-Standing Bow Pose (Dandayamana Dhanurasana): I want to be able to hold my concentration, and not fall out of the posture for one full set before moving on. So much of the time I spend concentrating on kicking my leg out, but I would like to concentrate on bending from the spine as well.
-*Focus on keeping my foot straight during standing postures*

No comments:

Post a Comment