Monday, August 2, 2010

Officially Obsessed with Bikram Blogs

Yup... It's true. I officially follow, even more loyally than my own, 25 blogs that center around Bikram Yoga and the like. And I even get excited when someone else starts following mine, and more specifically, other Bikram Yogis and Yoginis. What's more, I had a geek attack when a yogini who just finished teacher training commented on my blog.

“Until one is committed there is always hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of vents issues from the decision, raising to one’s favor all manner of unforeseen accidents and meetings and material assistance which no one could have dreamed would come their way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”

And I think this is true all around.

When I feel committed, nothing stops me. I don't even notice others around. I think this may be why I have been drawn to endlessly reading other Bikram blogs... Thinking about it day in and day out, reaffirms my commitment to the practice. And to my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment