Early in my days of Bikram Yoga, my teacher Beth had said (and this is something I will never forget, it constantly helps me moderate my life), "Do what you can today." Her words always have a way of piercing my heart at the right time.
In my mind, my long term successes are a source of pride, but what keeps me functioning day to day is my feelings of pride in my tiny accomplishments.
"You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile.” ~Brian Tracy
While I am proud of my relationship with my wonderful, sexy man Patrick, and proud of my family, proud of my crazy giant dogs, I am more proud of the little things.
- I am proud that I made it to cardio on time on a Monday. That is a success to me.
- I am proud that I can get up at 345 every day to get all my chores done before heading off to cardio. Because it makes my day a success.
- I am proud that I have the opportunity to better my body and my mind twice a day, six days a week. The more I do it, the more proud I am that I have built the perserverance.
- I am proud that I go so hard, that at the end of the day, I am sleeping amazing because I handled more in 18 hours than many people. I am proud of that feeling of absolute fatigue and exhaustion when I get into bed at night.
- I am proud to be an athlete. I am proud of pushing myself day in and day out. Whether I want to or not.
- And although I already mentioned my man Patrick, but he really is the best thing in my life. So encouraging, so awesome. He does such incredible things to help keep me unstressed that I absolutely feel so fortunate that I have the right man by my side. No joke, I came home at 930 Saturday morning (from a cardio sess) to the dishes done, laundry going, house swept, vacuuming done, dogs fed, AND he fed himself! That itself is incredible. :) BUT he had also drawn me a bath. <3 Sigh <3
He caught the garter and I caught the bouquet at my sister's wedding. Done deal. Love you babe. :)