Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Week 1: Day 2 & Diet

Day 2 workout: (Triceps & Chest)
1st Set: superset-Lying Triceps Extension (25lbs-12 reps) and Incline Dumbell Fly (12lbs-12 reps)
2nd Set: superset-French Press (30lbs-8 reps) and Single-Arm External Rotation (8lbs-12 reps)
3rd Set: superset-Incline Barbell Bench Press (40lbs-12 reps) and Cable Triceps Overhead Extension (40lbs-12 reps)
4th Set: superset-Cable Triceps Pushdown (40lbs-12 reps) and Cable Crossover (10lbs-12 reps)
Repeat each 3x with 1 min running in between each.

In case anyone ever wants to try something like this, I figured I'd post my diet. This is something very specific to me: My height, weight, and goals. I only track calories because I used to do Weight Watchers (which I think is probably the best program to get people out of the slump of being overweight) but as time went on, I really needed to track a few more things.
For example: protein, carbs, and fat. The reason I track all of those things is NOT because I'm trying to scale back or diet them. The reason I track them... is because I need them. And actually have trouble getting them. -With proteins, I had a really hard time getting enough in during the day when I first started losing weight, because I always figured a lot of protein was bad for your body. Not so! Read my post on proteins and why you need it (click here).
-Carbs are important as they help give one energy. Always important to eat slow burning carbs, like whole wheat pastas, brown rice, and sweet potatoes. Complex carbs will help you burn calories more quickly. And even high carbs after a workout can help speed up recovery.
-Another factor that took me a while to decide on tracking was Fats. And this was due to the fact that I was taking in so much meat etc, that I forgot that all bodies need healthy fats and oils. So I began tracking it to make sure I was getting enough.

So here is what my basic diet looks like. Remember that all meats are subsitutable for other meats and same with veggies. Should I choose to do a competition, I will post my pre-competition diet.
Also, This is how I count my stats: (calories-protein-carbs-fat) Makes it easier to track during the day.

0700: 2 egg whites & 1 whole egg, & 1/2 c oatmeal (258-17-13-9)
1000: 1 oz turkey, 2 oz sweet potato, 10 baby carrots (129-15-18-2)
1300: 2 oz chicken, light yogurt, 12 almonds, and 1/2 banana (357-28-35-14)
1500: (pre-workout) 1 scp for protein shake (120-22-4-2)
1700: (post-workout) 1 scp for protein shake (120-22-4-2)
1830: 3 oz chicken, 1/2 c brown rice, and 1 c green beans (318-34-31-7)

Total: 1302 calories, 138g protein, 105g carbs, 36g fat (this is actually very low)
(If I'm feeling really full at night, I will also leave out the brown rice or my carb in the pm)


Hehe! My breakfast. Oatmeal, eggs, decaf, supplements, and water!
 The advice that I give anyone when they are trying to determine their diet, is choose things that you LOVE that are healthy and build your diet around that. For example, I don't like egg whites all that much... I really LOVE runny egg yolks. So what I do, is at work, I will buy 3 hard boiled eggs and 1 soft boiled egg. I eat the whites off the hard-boileds and the yolk from the soft-boiled, mixed together. Boom.
Or I love sweet potatoes (which are high in protein, low in carb and have a low Glycemic Index score) but my honey doesn't like them, so I boil a bunch on sundays and prepare my lunches for the rest of the week.

At any rate, if there is a will there is a way! If you even remotely want it to work, you can make it work! The body follows intention!

No comments:

Post a Comment